- To delete a Facebook group, the owner has to remove every member and then leave the group.
- Only owners are able to delete Facebook groups — admins can just archive them.
- Archiving a Facebook group means that no new members will be able to join.
Facebook group owners can delete a group by first removing all members. Once the owner is the only person in a group, then they will have the option to delete it.
Group admins can archive a group, meaning that the group will no longer appear in Facebook search to non-members, and no new members can join. Admins can only delete a group if the original owner first leaves the group.
Here’s how to delete a group on Facebook.
How to delete a Facebook group
Facebook groups can be deleted when you’re done with them both via a web browser and the Facebook mobile app.
How to delete a Facebook group using a web browser
1. Go to Facebook.com and navigate to Groups on the home page.
2. Select the group that you wish to delete.
3. Navigate to Members.
4. Click the three dots next to each member’s name and then select Remove member.” Hit Confirm.
5. One all members are removed, click the Joined button next to your name. Select Delete group and then Delete Group again.
How to delete a Facebook group using the mobile app
1. Open the Facebook app on your iPhone or Android phone. Select the Menu tab and then select Groups.
2. Select Your groups, and locate the group that you wish to delete under the Groups you manage section.
3. Open the group that you want to delete.
4. Tap on the name of the group, and then tap See All to view all of the members.
5. Tap on each person’s name and select Remove from group” to remove them from the group; this option will include their name as part of the button.
6. Once everyone is deleted from the group, go back to the front page of the group and select Manage.
7. Scroll down and tap on Delete Group and then press Delete Group again.
How to pause a Facebook group
Group administrators can pause a Facebook group – pausing all posts, comments, and reactions – if they need a break from maintaining it.
1. Click Groups and select your group.
2. Click the three horizontal dots below the cover photo.
3. Click Pause group.